Cover image: ANDREY KRAVCHENKO / AP
- Russian bombing of Ukrainian infrastructure on Wednesday left at least ten people dead and fifty-one injured, as well as massive power and water outages., mainly in the capital, Kyiv. According to the Ukrainian Air Force, Moscow fired about seventy cruise missiles into Ukraine, fifty-one of which were shot down, and also sent five suicide drones.
- “At temperatures below 0°C, tens of millions of people without power, without heating and without water is a clear crime against humanity.”Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky criticized in a brief statement to the United Nations (UN) Security Council.
- After these strikes three nuclear power plants were built. “disabled” electrical network, without any consequences for the level of radiation at this stage. The supply of Zaporozhye (South), occupied by the Russians, was stopped.
- French President Emmanuel Macron said on Wednesday that “direct contact” with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, “in the next few days”in particular, the Ukrainian civil nuclear industry is a concern.
- Moldova, already suffering from serious energy problems caused by the war in Ukraine, has become a victim of “massive blackouts”Andriy Spinu, Deputy Prime Minister, complained about it.
- On the diplomatic front The European Parliament on Wednesday named Russia“state propagandist of terrorism”, in a vote almost nine months after the start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. He also reported that his website had been cyberattacked by “pro-Kremlin group”.
- US announces new $400 million military aid to Ukraine for additional weapons, ammunition and air defense systems. The UK has sent the first Sea King helicopter to Ukraine and plans to provide two more.
- Despite ongoing heavy fighting, especially in eastern Ukraine, Moscow and Kyiv continue the exchange of prisoners of war. “Today, another exchange with Kyiv took place according to the formula 35 to 35”This was stated on Wednesday by the President of the “Donetsk People’s Republic” Denis Pushilin.
Find our direct from yesterday by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports about the war in Ukraine
Reportage. Nine months later, Russian missiles target only civilians
Actual. The European Parliament called Russia “a state that encourages terrorism.”
Reportage. Underground action of Ukrainian partisans “in the heart of victory” in the battle of Kherson
Tribune. “Central Europe has not formed a single, homogeneous and cohesive bloc in its attitude towards Russia”
Actual. Against the background of the war in Ukraine, the Russian president of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee will resign
Tribune. Oleksandr Tkachenko, Ukrainian Minister: “To prevent the Russian propaganda machine from winning the information war, the civilized world must take active measures”
Reviews. Diary of two Ukrainian sisters : “Going down into a cold and smelly shelter, you can feel the sad reality of war”
Actual. Mir’s answers to your most frequently asked questions